Francois VIEILLESCAZES, Admitted to the Paris Bar (2005), LL.M Queen Mary/University of London (2012), LL.B Universite de Paris.
Intellectual Property Executive, Flint & Battery LLC. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Languages: French (native), English (fluent), Spanish (fluent), Italian (conversation), Korean (conversation).
Francois adds in excess of 15 years legal experience in intellectual property, media and entertainment, corporate and commercial and litigation arbitrations. He has worked in Singapore, the People’s Republic of China, Republic of Korea and France. His wide range of experiences is his strength.
- Trademark Procedures:
- Management of portfolios: Advice and strategy | Availability searches | Filing and prosecution worldwide | Response to office actions | Renewals | Recording of assignments
- Oppositions | Cancellation actions | Invalidation actions
- Investigations online and onsite | Pre-contentious correspondence | Constitution and preservation of evidence | Advice and assessment of infringement (online and offline) | Infringement litigation | Takedown notices | Customs
- IP Contracts: Drafting and review of licensing and franchising agreements | IP rights purchase and assignment | Coexistence agreements | IP clauses in employment and corporate agreements | Software agreements | Terms & conditions
- Other IP Rights: Patents, Designs, Copyrights, Domain Name, Trade Secrets, etc.
Media and Entertainment
- Contracts: Licensing and assignments of media contents | Distribution of media contents (on online platforms or television) | Production of TV/web-based series, shows and documentaries | Release forms and authorization for shooting/photograph taking | Talent agency agreement | Talent and performer agreements | Agreements for live shows | Agreements in the field of digital marketing and advertising | Agreements with freelancers
- Drafting, review and comment on written notices, amendments and termination letters in connection with the foregoing
- Advice on legal aspects relating to the media and entertainment industry
Corporate and Commercial
- Corporate structuring and re-structuring agreements, shareholders agreements, sale of share, transfer of assets
- Commercial agreements: sales and purchases, service agreements, leases
- Debt collection
- Bankruptcy proceedings
Litigation and Arbitration
- Representing clients in commercial litigation before the French courts
- Advice and assistance on litigation in other jurisdictions or cross-border litigations
- International arbitration
- International enforcement of court and arbitration decisions
- Attachments and seizures
2012-2016: Journal, Vidon & Partners (Shanghai)
- Topics included:
- Introduction to the Main Changes in the Trademark Law of P.R. China
- Recording Intellectual Property Rights with Chinese Customs
Jul 2014: IP perspectives in the China (Shanghai) Free Trade Zone (Published in Shanghai Business Review)
Sep 2015: Interview on IP Strategies for Chinese Companies in Europe (Published in Connexions, Magazine of the French Chamber of Commerce in China)
January 2018: Intellectual Property Mediation in Singapore and India